I stumbled across Bianca’s blog recently (I know, late to the party, but I’m enjoying the binge reading), and one post I really enjoyed reading was her delight list – a list of everyday pleasures.
Things have been a bit bleak around these parts recently, so it’s time to share some positivity of my very own list of everyday pleasures:
- A song I’m currently loving, or haven’t heard in a while, pop up unexpectedly on the radio, Spotify or my iPod.
- Delicious cups of tea.
- How skinny jeans fit so perfectly after they’ve been washed.
- Hearing someone else laugh at my witty quip or joke. It sends warm and fuzzy feelings through my body.
- The kindness of strangers.
- Living on the same road as my grandma. She worked so hard to get us all to where we are today, and I know these moments won’t last forever.
- Having friends who always make me feel great about my life decisions.
- Having friends who always make me question life decisions.
- The brutal honesty of my best friend. I love her tough love approach.
- Opening a new book that I’m excited to read.
- The delightful smell of new books.
- WhatsApp group chats with friends about anything and everything.
- When my favourite bloggers publish a shiny, new post. It’s like my birthday has come early.
- Seeing Titanic on TV again, even though my beloved DVD is nearly always in my laptop ready to be played.
- Compliments from friends, colleagues, family, and anyone else who is so kind.
- Avocados at their optimum ripe stage.
What’s on your list of everyday pleasures?